Things to Consider When Hiring a Wedding Planner
A wedding planner can be the answer to your prayers whether you are planning a large wedding for 300 people or a small one for 50. It is important to choose the right wedding planner since you are placing all your trust in this one person to ensure that your big day runs smoothly. These are some things to consider when choosing a wedding planner.
1. Interview several wedding planners and ask to see references and a portfolio of events that they have planned previously. You can even ask for referrals from event halls, hotels, or DJ's that have had experience with several wedding planners.
2. Ask about pricing and services that they provide. Be honest with the planner about you budget and ask what kind of solutions that he/she can come up with to accommodate your budget. Also ask about package prices. Do they offer a package with and without a DJ? With or without valet parking? With or without catering?
3. Ask for a quote that includes the specific details of the service in writing. Ask about their policy in the event that they go over the quoted price.
4. Play devil's advocate. Ask about every possible thing that could potentially go wrong. How would the planner handle that situation.? Has this ever happened to them before and what did they do about it?
5. Ask to attend an event that he/she is throwing before your wedding. Look at the details and notice how smoothly the whole event runs. Usually you will not be allowed to attend a wedding, but most often, wedding planners will also plan other events as well. If it is not possible to attend, ask for telephone numbers of previous clients.
6. Do your research. Find out what price ranges are acceptable. Don't just settle on a price because that is what this event planner quoted you. If you must have a specific planner, you might be required to pay more, but don't be afraid to mention that someone else had quoted you less money and be sure and show them the quote in writing. Very often wedding planners will give you a discount, if not match the competition's prices for the exact same service. Keep in mind that one planner who has quoted a lower price for flowers may be using flowers of a lesser quality, so paying more might mean better products.
|Guarantee everyone remembers your special day with a unique wedding in beautiful Las Vegas.